WHAT TO DO IN BARCELONA: NEW YEARS EVE 2013
WHAT TO DO IN BARCELONA: NEW YEARS EVE 2013
So that’s it, December has started and you have no idea of what to do in Barcelona for the New Years Eve 2013, right? Ok, you shouldn’t worry! That’s pretty normal! We’re here to help fix this problem by giving you another problem! What?!? That’s it! We’ll give you the best parties and dinner ideas Barcelona has to offer on New Years Eve 2013, then it’s up to you to decide what do to! Be aware that it won’t be easy!
The City and its Traditions
First, a bit of common knowledge about the Catalan traditions and what the locals usually do on New Years Eve. The tradition says two important things: eat 12 grapes in the first 12 seconds of the year – one at each strike of the clock – and wear red underwear, both are supposed to make your year wonderful and full of joy.
Unfortunately, in Barcelona there isn’t a firework spectacle (don’t ask me why, I still don’t know). Most of the Catalans will be at home, or at a restaurant, with their families at the strike of midnight, having an even later dinner than usual. The option if you don’t want to stay home is going to one of the famous squares of the city like Plaza Catalunya, Plaza Reial and Plaza Espanya, they’ll all be crowed (maaany tourists and a few locals), and you’ll find a great atmosphere! Another option, if you are a firework addict like me, is check the lighting show that the Torre Agbar has at midnight, it’s a countdown in a Times Square’ style, but of course with less people! Then, finally, around 1am people go to party! =]
A World of Possibilities
Look, here we’ve what we believe to be the best. For sure, you’ll find what to do in Barcelona something that fits your taste. But in order to it you’ve to decide what you really want for your night! Restaurant or party? Streets or home? Free or fancy? Once you do it, it’s going to be much easier.
Most of the restaurants in Barcelona has a special menu for New Years Eve, it’ll be a bit more expensive than usual, of course, but much better also! Here a few options:
- 4 gats – One of the most famous restaurants in Barcelona! Very traditional! That’s the place Picasso used to hangout and that Vicky, Cristina and Javier Barden had dinner, know what I’m talking about? The price: 140 euros. More info here!
- El Pla – One of the better rated restaurants in the city. Amazing food! For sure you’ll have a hell of dinner! The price: 127 euros More info here!
- Casa Fuster – Iconic hotel of Barcelona. Maybe the most fancy one. Here is where Woody Allen stays when visit the city. The new years dinner there also includes a party until 4am and an incredible view of Passeig de Gracia. The price: 325 euros. More info here!
Now your complaining that they very expensive, right? Maybe they are, but have in mind that this the Top 3 in Barcelona AND it’s New Years Eve! Anyway, any restaurant you like, you should ask if they have a special menu for the 31st!
Like the restaurants, many clubs have a special conditions for New Years Eve. A few of them offer the party since before midnight, so you can have the countdown already partying, and at others you have the party only after midnight!
- Poble Espanyol – One of the biggest parties in the city! Poble Espanyol is an open-air museum at Montjuic! The place in amazing and the party crazy! Huge area with two different tents! Starts at 22h30 and goes all through the night! The price: 35 euros – includes 5 drinks! More info here!
- Razzmatazz – We love Razzmatazz here! 5 rooms in one club and they’ll be all open for New Years Eve! Rock n’ Roll, Electro, Indie-Rock, Dubstep… you can find anything at Razzmatazz! Dress code mode off! The price: 45 euros in advance – includes 2 drinks, t-shirt, grapes and champagne! More info here!
- Opium Mar – If you’re looking for a more fancy party, with international people and tourist, Opium may be the place for you. The most famous beach clubs of the city has it’s party also! Dress code mode on! The price: 50 euros – includes 1 drink. More info here!
- Harlem Jazz Club – For a more chill out party away from tourists and crowds, you’ve the Harlem Jazz Club. Amazing live brazilian music and DJ until 6am! The price: 12 euros. More info here!
- Hotel W Eclipse Bar – This one is only if have money (a lot) and like extremely posh places. The Eclipse Bar is at the 26th floor of the W Hotel. The view in magnificent! The place is like a lounge, don’t expect loud music like a club! The price: Normal: 100 euros / VIP: 600 for four – includes one bottle of Viueve Clicquot. More info here!
Want more? Sutton, Nitsa Club, Catwalk, Bling Bling, Nick Havanna all these clubs have New Years Eve Parties! Well, I really hope it can help you to find what to do in Barcelona for New Years Eve 2013!
Any suggestion you might have, let us know!
Enjoy Nochevieja, fellas!