LIVE MUSIC IN BARCELONA: SUITELIFE’S TOP 10 VENUES
SUITELIFE’S TOP 10 LIVE MUSIC VENUES IN BARCELONA
To experience live music in Barcelona, maybe after a few tapas in the Borne with friends, is to complete the loop of what it means to live in this unique, sound-obsessed city. Lots of live music venues in Barcelona are ready to offer you amazing shows every night, no matter if you’re in Gracia or Raval. Here is our list of the top 10 venues you really can’t miss:
1. RAZZMATAZZ – Probably one of the most popular live music venues in Barcelona, and also a huge club, divided into 5 rooms. If Red Bull were a physical club, it would be Razzmatazz. Loads of kilowatts, loads of gigs for any taste. Sant Marti (L4 Bogatell).
2. SALA APOLO - 30K likes on their Facebook page mean anything to you? Like Razzmatazz, this is also a club. Two spaces, and a super unique atmosphere. If while shopping at Maremagnum you found a nice kitsch Rolling Stones t-shirt you wanna show off, now you know where to go. Poble Sec (L3 Parallel).
3. LUZ DE GAS - This is an amazing theater offering many different live acts. Hosts tremendous international songwriters and cover bands. Just take 1 minute to check its Curriculum Vitae on the website. Amazing. Sant Gervasi, (L3, L5 Diagonal).
4. TARANTOS – Live music in Barcelona means also a great chance to breathe the Andalusian wind. Here you can find 100% pure Tablao Flamenco shows. Romantic guitars, red dresses, black heels and hand claps will send your mind traveling. Raval (L3 Liceu).
5. JAMBOREE - Jazz lovers, you cannot miss this unique combination of theater and cellar. Talented musicians perform every day. Jam sessions on Monday’s menu: did you take your sax with you? Raval (L3 Liceu).
6. OCANA BAR - Cafè, restaurant, and terrace at the same time. Offering world music concerts, soul, jazz, hip hop. A Perfect match with the superb cocktails you can get here. Ideal after a walk on the seashore. Raval (L3 Liceu).
7. SIDECAR FACTORY CLUB – Has a restaurant at ground level and at -1 you will find incredible concerts almost every night . A very popular live music venue in Barcelona, especially for indie and punk rock lovers. Gótico (L3 Liceu).
8. HARLEM JAZZ CLUB – Jazz coursing through their veins, but not only jazz: bossa nova, cuban rhythms, blues and unplugged rock music. All served up in a classy atmosphere. One of those places that make live music in Barcelona so cool. (L4 Jaume I).
9. HELIOGABAL - Rock, jazz, literature, video projections. More than a live music venue in Barcelona. A meeting point for cultural activities and arts, in a neighbourhood we really love and recommend. Gracia (L4 Joanic).
10. LONDON BAR - Opened in 1910, Dalì, Hemingway and Picasso used to drink here, many years ago. Just slow down, relax with a pint and enjoy blues rock gigs, in this fascinating pub. Where bohemian spirit meets live music in Barcelona. Raval (L3 Liceu).
Do you guy know of any awesome places to hear live music in Barcelona? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!