Barcelona events: Make Plans for June 2015
Hi everyone! There is a ton of stuff going on in Barcelona in June 2015 and maybe you did not make plans yet but we are here to help you with that. We curated a bunch of cool activities occurring very soon so let’s just hope you will be as shaking as we are for the month to come. Plenty of worldwide superstars are on their way to Barcelona and music fans should be delighted, we know we are! Among those musical events we also listed cultural, sporting and simply fun activities in Barcelona in June to please every reader who just wants to get out in the sun and enjoy life, as simple as that.
1. Champions League Final 2015: FC Barcelona vs. Juventus Turin
We know the game will be played in the Olympiastadion of Berlin and you may have planned a trip to go there and watch the game live but if you did not, we thought it would be nice to give you some tips on the best place to watch the game in Barcelona. This is a thing here, if there is ever a football game, you have to go to a bar and watch and cheer for your team while drinking with friends.
- When: 06.06.2015 at 8:45pm
Here are some bars we like and are probably the best places to watch a game in Barcelona:
Sports bar Rambles
- Location: Las Ramblas 31
- Metro: L3 Drassanes or L3 Liceu
- Phone: (+34) 933 017 507
- Website: http://www.bcnsportsbar.com/index.php
The George Payne
- Location: Plaza Urquinaona 5
- Metro: L1 & L4 Urquinaona
- Phone: (+34) 93 481 52 94
- Website: http://www.thegeorgepayne.com/
Sonora Sports Tavern
- Location: Carrer Pamplona 96
- Metro: L1 Marina & L4 Bogatell
- Phone: (+34) 93 300 33 69
- Website: http://www.tabernasonora.com/index.php
For more great places to watch the Champions League final and enjoy a drink amongst friends please feel free to check out the blogs we made during the Fifa World Cup 2014 if you want further details on the bars listed before and more information on others.
2. The ColorRun by Desigual?
If you don’t know the fashion brand Desigual? well… just know that they are ALL about colours. So they basically used a concept that was born in the US and brought it to Barcelona and these kinds of races have now spread all around the globe. This is a free event sponsored by the brand where all participants have to run 5km covered in colours. All you need to do is to register yourself and your friends on Desigual?’s ColorRun website and wear your shiniest white clothes. Everyone is expected to throw colours around at the very beginning of the race and then the fun keeps going: you run for 5km and every kilometre, people throw more colours at you! I mean what a better way to work out than do it looking simply rainbow-like fabulous?
- Location: start and finish in Avingueda de la Reina Maria Cristina near the Magic Fountain
- When: Sunday 06.07.2015 at 9am
- Metro: L3/L1 Espanya
3. Gran Gala de Flamenco
The Barcelona Gran Gale de Flamenco is not to be missed when you are a fan of this traditional Spanish dance. It’s all about rhythm and grace with a deep feeling of strength when the dancers move around on the musicians’ guitars and singing. When you see that all you want to do is join them on stage and dance too! If you want to experience the real Spanish life and have never seen a Flamenco show, well here’s your chance readers. Promise, you won’t be disappointed.
- Location: Palau de la Música Catalana (Carrer Palau de la Música 4-6)
- When: on stage until August, you can book your tickets for June 7-9-17-25-28 or later if you wish
- Metro: L1/L4 Urquinaona
- More informations and ticket bookings: http://www.flamencotickets.com/gran-gala-flamenco-barcelona
4. MotoGP Catalunya 2015
Located less than 30 minutes away from Barcelona, the Catalunya circuit is one of the most enjoyable circuits for the fans that allows them to have a enlarged sight of the action and not miss anything from the race. Motorcycle racing is a big thing here and you will have to face a big crowd of Spanish supporters but the huge grass fields are here for you to relax and enjoy the race anyway.
- Location: Circuit de Catalunya race track Montmelo
- When: from Friday 06.12.2015 to Sunday 06.14.2015
- More informations and ticket bookings: http://www.ticketsgpbarcelona.com/packages-moto-gp-catalunya-2015,16.html
5. Maroon 5 Concert
The worldwide famous band is coming to Barcelona! Are you excited yet? We are! On tour for their last album “V”, the band is currently performing all around Europe and is soon to be in the city. If you did not get the chance to buy a ticket for Barcelona’s concert, don’t worry you can always try to get one for the upcoming concerts in Madrid and Lisbon. Otherwise, you’ll have to travel all the way to Japan to get the chance to see them and well let’s be honest, it’s very unlikely to happen.
- Location: Palau Sant Jordi arena
- When: Sunday 06.14.2015
- There are some tickets left, hurry up! : http://www.elcorteingles.es/entradas/conciertos-y-festivales/entradas-maroon-5-barcelona-201400696200000003
6. Ariana Grande Concert
Big Sean’s girlfriend will be in town soon! She’s a great singer and her songs make us move like crazy on the dance floor so why not just go to her concert and enjoy her big party? She’s travelling the world with her Honeymoon Tour and I know fans are already dying from excitement. A little warning though, Barcelona is her last European destination before she goes back to the US for a national tour there so be quick and get your tickets as soon as possible!
- Location: Palau Sant Jordi arena
- When: 06.16.2015
- Ticket bookings: http://www.elcorteingles.es/entradas/conciertos-y-festivales/entradas-ariana-grande-barcelona-201400910200000003
7. Sonar Festival 2015
The Catalonian festival was created in 1994 and is now worldwide renowned on the electronic scene because it gathers both trending artists but also artists who are soon to become famous. It is a very big event in Barcelona and it attracts a huge crowd from all over Europe and gathers many big artists such as My Chemical Romance or Skrillex for instance. So if you’re a fan of electronic music and love festivals don’t hesitate to book your ticket as soon as possible.
- Location: the Sonar Festival is composed of many events at once so to be the clearest, just check out their own website to find out where everything happens
- When: Friday 06.18.2015 to Sunday 06.20.2015
- More information and ticket bookings: http://sonar.es/en/pg/tickets
8. Kiss Concert
The legendary rock band is travelling around the world for their 40th anniversary tour and rock fans should definitely not miss it! Their last album “Monster” was released in 2012 and it has been a while already so aren’t you excited that they are coming to Barcelona to sing their hit songs just for you guys? Book your tickets as fast as possible!
- Location: Palau Sant Jordi
- When: 06.21.2015
- More informations and ticket bookings: http://www.elcorteingles.es/entradas/conciertos-y-festivales/entradas-kiss-2015-barcelona-201400934200000003
9. Nit de Sant Joan 2015 (Saint John’s Night Festival)
So readers, if there is one and only one night not to miss in Barcelona it is definitely the Saint John Night. I mean, all of Barcelona is going to be outside on this night to gather around huge bonfires and just drink and enjoy the nice summer night. Bonfires are lit all around the city but the biggest event happens by the sea where almost 70,000 people gather on the beach and have fiesta! Watch out for the fireworks thrown around though and don’t forget to watch where you are walking too! People usually burry their bonfires in the sand to stop it but the embers are still really hot and could burn your feet. Other than this, get ready for an amazing night of festivities!
- Location: various locations in the city
- When: 06.23.2015
10. Barcelona Gay Pride 2015
Barcelona is one of the most gay-friendly city in Europe and the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual and Questioning) community is very active in here. Having fought for their rights for decades now, the gay pride is about keeping up the fight for total equality but also celebrate the unique gay culture and the past victories for the LGBTQ community’s rights. If your gay, you’re gonna love the partying atmosphere and walk amongst all those fabulous people! If you’re straight, well…it’s gonna be the exact same thing! A great day for everyone and a great occasion to fight for equality everywhere. The theme of this year’s pride is “Stop Bullying LGBT!”, get out on the street and protest with everyone to ensure LGBT people’s safety and all this while dancing and drinking of course!
- Location: Pre-Parade Party in Parc de les Tres Xemeneies, Avenue Paral.lel 49
- When: 06.18.2015 at 4pm for the Pre-Parade Party / beginning of the march at 6pm / festivities last until 06.26.2015 (1 week!)
- More information: http://www.pridebarcelona.org
Make your choice and I wish you a delightful month of June 2015 everyone!