1 Internship position available in unique & international Barcelona real estate company: SuiteLife Barcelona S.L. (www.SuiteLife.es)
Position: 1 internship position available for “Video Production”
To see all of our available internship positions go to: www.SuiteLife.es/Internships
Company Info: SuiteLife Barcelona specializes in helping foreigners (expats, students, families, etc…) and locals find their ideal rental flat in Barcelona. Founded in 2007, our constantly growing website has 3 main focuses: 1) Long-Term apartment rentals 2) Lifestyle services to help people move to and enjoy BCN and 3) sharing our hard-earned insider knowledge of the city in our daily blog The Barcelona Bible. Our office is located right in the centre of the city, just one block away from Paseo de Gracia & Diagonal. We’re an extremely young and international group. We work in a team environment with all our interns having a high level of autonomy as well. We care about challenging ourselves, following our passions, working hard and especially smart, and making an impact wherever we go. If you’re creative, hard working and looking for a truly dynamic work environment, continue reading…
Focus: The internship will consist of creating exciting and viral videos that highlight interesting aspects of life in Barcelona, Spain, planning excellent content, going on daily video shoots and interviews, video editing, publishing the videos on our website, and taking charge of promoting the videos online in order to bring more and more traffic to the site. This is a great opportunity to work in a highly creative, fun environment with the SuiteLife team and be involved in all aspects of pre-production, production, post-production, and online marketing.
Important: This is not a regular internship. Successful applicants will be treated as part of our team. Their ideas will be listened to and they will be encouraged to pursue their individual passions in order to help the company as a whole. They will not be required to deliver coffee, make tea, or engage in other mindless activities that are common practice in large companies. Applicants will learn new things each day and gain meaningful and practical work experience in this mutually beneficial relationship. Interns will be credited.
• Assisting with shooting (and sometimes shooting) on-location shoots throughout beautiful Barcelona, Spain.
• Shooting virtual video tour content for each of our newly captured properties for rent. • Assisting with research, content planning, and creation.
• Digitizing footage, assisting editors with cuts, file management, archiving. • Equipment available to use for shooting will be a Canon VIXIA HF S21. • Helping to actively promote and spread finished videos online and bring more and more traffic to the company website.
• Attempting to create viral videos that can grab a lot of attention. • Much much more… Each of our past Interns has developed tremendous experience and knowledge of our company and industry, and has become a crucial part of the SuiteLife Team.
• Experience with Final Cut Pro, imovie, Adobe Premiere.
• Ability to identify and plan content for videos that target our market. • Must have own laptop to bring to the office and on shoots.
• Experience with online content.
• Must have a portfolio or video samples.
• HTML and/or graphic design skills are a nice plus.
• Skills in storyboarding, videography, lighting, editing, post-production.
• On camera experience a plus.
• Able to leverage social networking tools and sites.
• Web skills (ex. familiarity with video files and codecs, ftp, xml, html).
• Knowledge of basic techniques in shooting, editing, and encoding video.
• Basic PC (or Mac! The SuiteLife office is primarily on Mac) skills are important.
• Eager to be involved in a small but rapidly growing company where the team comes first.
• Marketing minded (especially an affection for online marketing and specifically the promotion and spread of videos online).
• A love, or at least an interest in Barcelona & Spanish culture.
• Strong interest/desire to work in web video and new media.
• A passion for web culture / pop culture, staying on top of trends and discovering new ones.
• Interest in being out in the city shooting great content.
• Some knowledge of Spanish a big +.
• Good organization skills and ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Self-responsible/ holding deadlines.
Renumeration: This internship is not paid ‘monetarily’, but you will receive tremendous value and experience because of the following:
• The quality of life in Barcelona is amongst the highest of any city in the world. Perfect weather, mountains, beach, sun, fun, excellent food, and great international people.
• Because much of our marketing and blog writing is focused on the best of BCN, successful applicants will jump ahead of the learning curve and learn about BCN from an insider’s point of view and at a very quick pace.
• The ability to own and manage your own projects that are far beyond the normal scope of responsibility of most intern positions.
• The constant ability to follow your specific passions in live and develop them further by contributing in those areas to the team.
• We will give you advice and support regarding: relocation, flat finding tips and advice, mobile phones, and bank accounts.
• Ability to earn university credit for your time here.
Working hours: 10 am – 7 pm, Monday to Friday
Preferred internship length is 6 – 12 months (but we’re also looking for some summer interns)
: To apply online CLICK HERE
(5 minutes well spent!). Note: for this position, please leave a link to your favourite viral video, and any supplemental materials (links to your work: short films, vlogs, etc…)