An "easy peasy" Spanish Asparagus Recipe:
This Thursday, we’re cooking in Barcelona
. Cooking in Barcelona
doesn’t seem very reasonable, right? Especially because you are in a city where tapas are so cheap
and so easy to find. Cooking in Barcelona
therefore seems to be a useless experience.
However, we are now convinced that cooking in Barcelona
is a wonderful experience, even if you don’t know what you have in your fridge
until it's time to put the feedbag on…
Last Thursday, as we were sitting at a table eating, we realized it was already Thursday… It seemed like it was just yesterday that we were lying on the Mar Bella beach
, tanning, and listening to the Pakis’ song. So we decided to call our improvised dinner: the Where-the-hell-is-the-week-gone Dinner.
Yes, it was THAT special for us. Indeed, we found a very convenient way to prepare rice and Spanish asparagus
is a real wonder: thin, greener than ever, soft, and smooth! Spanish asparagus
are a must buy whenever we go to la Boqueria
What you need (for 2 people)
- 2 eggs
- ½ bunch of Spanish asparagus from la Boqueria
- 1 can of corn
- Fried red pepperoni
- 2 cups of sushi rice
- 1 garlic clove
- Pure Spanish olive oil
- Curry pasta
- Black Pepper
How you do it: easy peasy Spanish asparagus
1) Wash the rice in cold water before putting it in a pot of salty water (1cup of rice = 2cups of water). Full gas…
2) Wash the Spanish asparagus
and cut them in small pieces.
3) Put 2 spoons of oil in a frying pan.
4) Throw an entire piece of garlic uncut in the oil. Let it brown a bit alone.
5) Add the Spanish asparagus
. Let the Spanish asparagus
brown during 3 minutes. They must stay crunchy!
6) Add the corn. Let it brown for 3 minutes.
7) Add 1/3 cup of water, add a spoon of curry, a spoon of cumin, salt and black pepper, cover, let it sit for 5 minutes.
8) Uncover the frying pan, let the water evaporate completely while turning the vegetables.
9) Add the eggs and scramble them in the vegetables.
10) Take the garlic out.
11) Check if the rice is cooked: it is if it is sticky and the all the water has evaporated.
12) Serve hot.
Have a perfect Where-the-hell-is-the-week-gone dinner!! Do you have any other Where-the-hell-is-the-week-gone dinner idea?? Please, leave your suggestions! We need to cook more...